Big and Tiny’s Preschool Prep is a unique enrichment program that cultivates creativity, autonomy and relationships. A gradual separation program that fosters independence while developing language, physical and cognitive skills through music, art, movement and play. Our 2 & 3 program nurtures your child’s natural development with physical, social and creative play engaging them every step of the way.
Each day, children will be immersed in a 4-hour session divided into four areas:
Independence & autonomy. Building upon independence and autonomy for our 2-year old’s focuses on creating an environment where they are confident in making productive and positive decisions. This is how your little ones will learn how to create a healthy identity that is separate from their peers and parents. As a result, they will understand how their choices and actions influence outcomes and learn what they do and do not have control over.
Motor Skills. Fine and gross motor skills are still imperative for a 2-year old. Developing their fine motor skills will be the basis for writing their names and more! Exposure to experiences such as folding paper, drawing/tracing circles, holding crayons, and turning pages will prep them for penmanship. When it comes to gross motor skills a high amount of time dedicated to tumbling, running, balancing, and kicking balls will add to their overall health and bodily strength.
Language skills, communication, and socialization. Words have power. Forming friends are powerful. Introducing your little one to friends at this age is where they begin to share stories and negotiate over toys. Through collective projects, storytime, sing-a-longs, and imaginative play they will begin to form sentences that reflect their thoughts and emotions.
Sensory Stimulation. Through touch, smell, taste, hearing, and sight we explore the world around us. At this age children learn and retain best through their senses. There is a reason they want to taste the paint or pour water from the table to the floor – they are trying to understand. Hence, providing an environment where they can use different mediums such as paint, shaving cream, salt, spaghetti, etc is fundamentally vital to their development.
SCHEDULE & DAILY PLAN
Only offering in Santa Monica Studio: 9-1 PM / M-F
· 9:00 – 9:30 – Free play
· 9:30 – 10:00 – Circle Time! Welcome song and introduction to the group. Collaborative games and activities. Morning meeting for daily plan and introduction to theme and topic. We close connection time with a story.
· 10:00 – 10:30 – Children will be introduced to the theme of the month and new concepts. Stories, role play, exploration and lots of fun interactive games.
· 10:30 – 11:00 – Artistic expression. Children will engage with new materials in the art studio and work on a open-ended activity while exploring new outlets of creativity.
· 11:00 – 11:30 – Outdoor play. Kids will climb on ladders, dig in the sand box and experiment in the sensory bin.
· 11:30 – 12:00 – Optional fresh made lunch from Thyme Cafe. ·
· 12:00 – 1:00 – Enrichment including Yoga with Mrs Jessica, Cooking with Creative Plate, Spanish with Baila Baila and Music with Lovebug & Me and our amazing teacher Ryoji.