Big and Tiny Preschool Prep is a unique enrichment program that cultivates creativity, autonomy and relationships. A gradual separation program that fosters independence while developing language, physical and cognitive skills through music, art, movement and play. Our 2 & 3 s program nurtures your child’s natural development with gentle physical, social and creative play engaging them every step of the way.
Each day, children will be immersed in a 3 hour session divided into four areas of knowledge:
- Connection: Time for collaborative activities, circle and guided games that will bring all kids to a shared energetic level, with the intention to come together and acknowledge each other.
- Attention: Time for focused learning based on experimentation that will expand their knowledge and skills in different areas.
- Artistic Expression: Time to create a collaborative project where each child’s individual skills are fostered in a cooperative and supportive atmosphere. Children will be exposed to different outlets of creativity, textures and techniques geared towards balancing individual and group talent.
- Creative Movement: Time to explore movement through music, physical skills, channeling energy, stimulating imagination and promoting creativity. Children will be introduced to games, dance, tumbling, music, yoga and meditation and learn how to engage and respect their body as a tool.
A typical day includes exploring new objects and themes, movement, creative project, snack, and circle time. This “get ready for preschool” time helps toddlers adjust to the classroom, teachers, daily transitions and social interaction with their classmates.
- 9-9:30. Free play
- 9.30-9.40. Welcome song and introduction to the group
- 9:40-10:00 Circle Time! Collaborative games and activities. Morning meeting for daily plan and introduction to theme and topic. We close connection time with a Story.
- 10-10.20. Time to focus. Children will be introduced to the theme and work on an individual project.
- 10.20-10:50. Transitional Play and snack time with introduction to foreign languages.
- 10:50-11:10 Artistic expression. Children will work on a collaborative project and explore new outlets of creativity.
- 11:10-11:40. Creative Movement.
- 11:40-12:00. Reflection, meditation and Good bye
Through free play, our tiny learners experience “Tinyland”, a space filled with unending options, allowing them to make their own discoveries and take ownership of their space while developing a sense of independence. Time for welcoming the group in a circle and plan the day. This will allow children to learn about their friends in the classroom, current events in their environment.
During Attention time children will be introduced to new themes and concepts. At Big and Tiny we believe in experience based learning, involving not just the child’s intellect but also their senses, their feelings and their personalities.
We encourage the tiny artist to learn, experiment and explore through art and a variety of its mediums. During Artistic Expression, our little ones will be given an opportunity to discover and practice a skill through a collaborative project.
Music and movement are an important part of the curriculum and are incorporated into the program. Children will be also be introduced to creative movement, tumbling, stretching, yoga and meditation.
We close out the day reviewing the favorite activities, followed by some meditation and saying goodbye to our teachers and our friends.