Big and Tiny is collaborating with “School Of Wonder” to launch a unique enrichment program to cultivate creativity, autonomy and relationships. A gradual separation program that fosters independence while developing language, physical and cognitive skills through music, art, movement and play. Our 2& 3 s program nurtures your child’s natural development with gentle physical, social and creative play engaging them every step of the way.
Each day, children will be immersed in a 3 hour session divided into three pillars of knowledge:
- Connection: Time for Time for collaborative activities and guided movement games that will bring all kids to a shared energetic level, with the intention to come together and acknowledge each other.
- Attention: Time for focused learning. Children will enjoy enriching offerings including music, yoga, tumbling, creative movement and cooking among others.
- Creative expression: Time to explore different outlets of creativity, textures and techniques.
A typical day includes exploring new objects, movement, creative project, snack, and circle time. This “get ready for preschool” time helps toddlers adjust to the classroom, teachers, daily transitions and classmates.
- 9-9:20. Free play
- 9.20-9:40. Sensory Motor Obstacle course
- 9:40-10:00 Circle Time! Collaborative activities and guided movement games. Morning meeting for daily activities and introduction to theme and topic.
- 10-10.45. Attention time: Yoga, music, creative movement and imaginative play
- 10.45-11:00. Snack ceremony with introduction to foreign languages.
- 11-11:45. Artistic expression. Arts and crafts allowed by games and adventures
- 11:45-12. Good bye
Through free play, our tiny learners experience “Tinyland”, a space filled with unending options, allowing them to make their own discoveries and take ownership of their space while developing a sense of independence. After a challenging obstacle course to help bodies prepare for the day ahead, teachers will guide some collaborative games and activities before sitting down for circle time and daily planning. This will allow children to learn about their friends in the classroom, current events in their environment, the weather, months of the year and days of the week.
Music and movement are an important part of the curriculum and are incorporated into the program. A specialty instructor leads the music class through a variety of music styles. Children begin to understand basic music concepts and rhythm. Children will be also be introduced to creative movement, tumbling, stretching, yoga and meditation.
Attention time is followed by a healthy snack, where we take a break and learn new vocabulary from foreign languages. Once we’re fueled and rested, we’re ready for the artistic weekly themed activity and storytime.
During this time we explore new outlets of creativity learning concepts based on our monthly themes. We encourage the tiny artist to learn, experiment and explore through art and a variety of its mediums. Our little ones will be given an opportunity to discover a new skill, or practice skills they are building as the year progresses. We close out the day reviewing the favorite activities in a circle and saying goodbye to our teachers and our friends.