Learn how to make fun & creative lanterns with any type of paper – use old art projects, magazines, or construction paper. All you need is a pair of scissors, paper and tape for this fun craft!
3. A piece of 8.5 x 11 paper (better if it’s colorful with patterns! Can come from a book or magazine 🙂
STEP BY STEP
*Make sure to watch the video above with Mr. Anthony for context:
1. Cut one 1/2 inch strip from the shorter end of your piece of paper and save it for later! (This will be your handle)
2. Fold your piece of paper in half right down the middle (horizontally)
3. Cut thin strips almost all the way to the top while leave a small space uncut (.5+ inches work!)
4. Optional: Sing itsy bitsy spider with Mr. Anthony while cutting!
5. Cut a small piece of tape, unfold your paper and place rolled tape on 2 of the 4 corners.
6. Fold the paper in half taping each end together so the lantern is complete!
7. Take the first strip of paper cut in step 1 and tape this strip to either side of the top of the lantern to become a handle.
8. Hang your lanterns anywhere! We like to put them in the trees outside 🙂
Thanks for making lanterns with us, friends!